Thursday, December 3, 2009

Playdate

(digital layout credits: The Shabby Princess Happy Go Lucky Kit elements)
We had a wonderful craft date yesterday. We did a little craft shopping which was really fun. Ails and I spent the rest of our after office hours having dinner, chats and crafting. The public place didn't stop us from making everything work. We look for a place a little quiet and sat on the available lounge and started with our session. She thought me how to crochet because I needed a refresher and I love to do any craft that doesn't require a lot of space while waiting to have my dedicated area. It's like going back to my elementary school days... She's very accommodating, making it more easy to learn and understand the craft. I was not able to finish the project she prepared but I promised to finish it at home. I needed to go because it's getting late and we both need to be home safe. Right after my son fell asleep, I continued with the piece I'm working on and finished it.
It's a Christmas tree, though my thread color is red because it's easy to for me to see if my stitches are right. My stitches are still rough but with practice it will turn out fine just like hers.
Today, I went to my favorite budget store and bought pencil and notebook cases. I re-purposed them as my take along case to hold my crochet supplies. It's a nice way to protect my things from being pinched by the hooks, as well as prevent my hooks from bending.
When close...
In my bag...

2 comments:

  1. Happiness! Congratulations dear! i haven't finished my tree yet because i have to change my yarn. Lavender is so not Christmas-y. :-) i love your LO and my pic in it. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I'm applying the pattern using crochet thread to have small pieces :)

    ReplyDelete