Thursday, April 15, 2010

Button Organizer using Altered Juice Bottle

My collection of buttons are getting bigger and my previous jars were not enough to hold them.
Luckily, I have stored the bottles of my son's baby juice because I thought it will be a nice storage for condiments in our kitchen but my mom gave me a spice rack so the bottles are out of the option. But still I kept them because I thought of using them as storage in my new craft space.
I cleaned the bottles and let it air dry. I removed the adhesive residues using Goo Gone (or you may use plain peanut butter if you want to stay away from chemicals, it also works for me). Be sure to remove the residue of the Goo Gone after before decorating.  Then I decorated it with scrap patterned papers and label each according to color shade using Spellbinders Oval cutting die, cardstock and Zig journalling pen. I still love the idea of fishing through my buttons though this time they are sorted by color shade. It will be easier for me to have what matches my project.
Finally, I placed them on the shelf my sister gave me and the old jars now holds my other embellishments. I have plans of applying paint on the lids but maybe some other time. I still don't mind seeing the baby juice bottle's brand because it reminds me of my son :)

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Crocheted flowers adorned headband

I hope everyone had a great weekend... Happy Easter to all! My weekend was great because I was able to spent it with my family. I also had time to do crafting... I altered my old beaded headband. I love headbands, especially those that are vintage in style, but they are getting pricey. The more they are embellished the more they cost high. For this altered project, I crocheted medium sized flowers using mixed of brown and beige crochet threads to make it look vintage. Then I added black flower buttons and a brown lace. 

Happy Crafting!