Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Cards

I made two quick cards last night for my Mom and my Mother-in-law. The hand-stamped images of the cupcake and butterfly and most of the materials I used for these cards were from the previous R.A.K. that I received from my crafty friends. The patterned papers, trims and jems are from my collection. I've colored the images using colored pencils and blended the colors using Goo Gone (one I learned from a crafter). Just to give a little information for some, Goo Gone is perfect for removing grease, tar and sticky stains, but many hand-stamp artists use this product as blending medium especially for colored pencils. Then, I added glitter glue for shimmer and sparkle. (Note:  Sorry, I couldn't retrieve the photos of the cards because this post was originally from Multiply which recently closed down)
(This is the layout where I made use of the shrink plastic flowers.  The plastic flowers are those in the middle of the crocheted flowers)
I did a little experiment after making the cards. It was my first time to play with the shrink plastics Jerosha gave me. I cut the plastic to 2" x 2" sqaures, then run them in Cuttlebug die cutting machine using Cuttlekids flower dies. Before removing them from the negatives I colored each flowers with Sharpie permanent markers. Sharpie markers are good for plastic because it dries quickly and the colors are vivid.
I used a heat embossing tool to shrink each flowers. It will curl but you can tell that the shrinking is done when the object is lying still and flat. Then after the shrinking process I set each under a sturdy or heavy book to let the object stay flat while it cools down. These will be use for my next scrapbook page.
Until next time, I have to rest because I'll be helping my husband for the campaign later. Thanks for reading and happy crafting!
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment