Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TCR#2: Scrapbook Page about Allen

ALLEN
I seldom make a page about my husband. It's because most of my materials are about girls and babies. But this time since Father's Day is approaching, I decided to make one for him. The paper and pattern selections are simple to make it more on the male side. Creating this layout is a real challenge because almost all the piecing were hand-cut and made. Though summing it up it was the fun part.
Monogram "A"
It's made out of raw chipboard which I coated with micro glass beads and glitter glue.
PIECING
Using a craft knife, I hand-cut the leaves from a Cuttlebug embossed image given to me by a crafty friend, Joan. After which I coated with white water-base paint, let dry and highlighted with glitter glue for a little sparkle. I made the simple and abstract paper flower accents using layers of scrap patterned papers, hand-cut irregularly, chalked, edge-inked and joined by metal flower brads. This made the flowers look a bit masculine. Then the final touch are the decorative buttons, strings, swirls and the journal writing.
The journal writing is a quote by Anne Geddes: "Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Dad." I like it because it's simple yet meaningful. Thanks and Happy Scrapping!
TCR Palette #2 {His Room}





No comments:

Post a Comment