Monday, May 3, 2010

Scrapbook Page Layout for TCR


Ails invited me to join in The Color Room (TCR), a community which inspires an individual to take a challenge, scrapbook and on the top, to have fun. Here, we are given a color palette to start with and the rest is for us to explore and create. Last weekend, another long weekend because of a holiday, I was able to make one entry for the current challenge. It's my very first entry. (Above is the current palette)

I made a sketch as my guide.
It was a challenge making this layout with regards to the color palette. In fact it's my very first time to use this color combination on a layout. But I had so much fun doing it.
I was happy with the result because even if I am using embellishments for girls, it complimented my son's photo because of the color scheme.

I made the crocheted flower accent. The butterfly is a collage of buttons, wooden icon and fabric paint. The white flower is a swirl of white lace which I finished with a flower button.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely LO Jas! Your sketches are always awesome!
    I'm browsing your "All About Jas" page in Multiply and I got crazy over your huge doll collection! I want to have my own doll collection too and I want to start with Blythe. I fell in love with Blythe through some of the blogs I'm reading. check out these fun doll blogs on my lower left sidebar.

    i hope we could meet soon. i miss you and i miss crafting! you're my only craft and creativity personal connection here. i'm praying Allen wins so we could celebrate after the 10th. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Ails, it's nice to have a collection... I love Blythe and Pullip dolls, too, I really admire those who have this collection... If you like Cayo from Multiply have loads of these dolls, and Joan S. have some, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jas, I'm gonna check Cayo's site. I've been following Joan's lovely Pullip dolls but my heart longs for Blythe right now. ^_^ I posted this on my blog hoping some reader could lead me to a seller within my budget. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll be able to find a good deal :)

    ReplyDelete