Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dolls: Lip Painting

I accidentally damaged Abbey's lips while cleaning her. Good thing there are tutorials about doll lip painting. I followed the one from Puchicollective except on varnish or sealer application which I followed the manufacturer's instruction.
Materials: Semco Acrylic Paints, extender (but in my case I'm using a waterbased paint, I just used a small amount of water), Golden polymer varnish or any clear varnish for acrylic paints (either matte, gloss or any desired effect) - important to apply sealer to protect the paint and painting tools. Don't forget to protect other parts of your doll from getting paint stain, I wrapped her with cling wrap before proceeding with the lip painting.
After the lip painting
rich lip color
ready to join her sister
Here is the new... Abbey (right) with Blanche (left) :)

2 comments:

  1. She's really so pretty! We miss you Abbey!

    -Ails, Maria, Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Abbey hairstyle. And I love Abbey shirt and mini skirt.

    ReplyDelete