Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Home and Craft: Miggy's Little Corner


My son is now 3 years old and he really is playful. He loves playing with crayons, papers, pencils and the like. Doing ABC's and numbers are his favorites. I decided to make a little corner where he can spend time doing what he loves. The corner is just adjacent to my craft space. Good thing, we bought a convertible feeding high chair. Now, he uses it as his learning desk and chair.
I made a pen holder out of Spam can, wrapped with patterned paper and decorated with embellishments and doodles. I wrote the words Create, Fun, Enjoy and Explore. Then I attached tags with the words Play and Nice. No matter how young he is, I like to inspire him to learn. Then I loaded it with pencils, kid's scissors (which can only cut paper and not his little fingers), erasers, fancy tapes and coloring materials.
I placed everything in a basket bin so he can just dig in for extra fun! (basket bin, fancy tapes and erasers from Saizen)
Here he is enjoying his little corner especially the fancy tapes I bought from Saizen. It's nice to encourage young minds to explore and learn. As for me, it is our bonding time :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh.. this is so cute and inspiring Jas! It's a perfect bonding activity with Miggy.

    And are those the tapes you're telling me about? They're cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, Ails, those are the tapes... It's not acid free, I guess, not really sure because the labels are in Japanese but they are cute for other craft projects :)

    ReplyDelete