Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TCR#50: Together

The Color Room is celebrating this week with the release of its 50th Palette. With this celebration everyone participating is invited to join a Blog Hop to see what the members of the design team have created for the palette. It was fun because we get the chance to know them better and that we've learned tips and techniques from them. The blog list of the design team members is posted on The Color Room's home page.
The design team willingly shared and encouraged the members to try the techniques they've used on their layouts.
I was so excited to make mine and try something new. Here's my layout... Below you'll see what I've tried and did for this layout 
TCR#50 Entry: Together
Title: The word "Together" using Slice Machine and Remember This Design Card. Then I inked the edges with markers and dab with Pebbles Pearlescent Chalk. For the word "Forever", I wrote it using white marker and glittered glue.
Paper flowers: I recolored each with marker and wet Perfect Pearls. Then, added assorted brads on the core of each.
Rope connecting the lace flowers and button: I did a little crochet to make the rope using simple chain stitch with a crochet hook and thread.
Background: It's my first time to use black as background. I made glimmer mist mixing water and Perfect Pearls, misted the background. Then, I splattered white paint, let dry and scrape a few so I can fill it with glittered glue (couldn't resist my favorite!). After drying, I sprayed a matte non-yellowing final fixative over the paper to seal the misting. Then added doodles of swirls, pavement and lamp post (this was inspired by the lamp post surrounding the Church where we got married.).
Frame: I also did distressing on the papers using water and markers. Made a few paper tearing and added colored staple wires to form the border. I added layers of folded lace and punched edge border.
Focal Frame: I cut a sized frame using patterned paper and Slice machine. Inked the edges and did faux stitches.
Flower Accent: I hand-stitched the same lace to create flowers and added beads and brads on the core of each. I also recolored the heart pendants with Kurecolor and glittered glues, then, sealed it with Diamond Glaze.
TCR Palette #50
Thanks for reading. I'm glad I was able to share what I've learned from The Color Room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment