Wednesday, April 20, 2011

TCR #54: Layout - To Have and To Hold / Card - Celebrate

Here is the layout I did for The Color Room's Palette #54.
I made the background using acrylic stamps for the flourish images with VersaMark and transparent embossing powder. I removed the excess powder before finishing it with a heat gun. Then, I dabbed a colored ink over the embossed images using a pouncing sponge, carefully, swiping over the embossed area to reveal the images. I continued dabbing the sponge all around the area where I'll be placing the photo. Finally, I added drops of colored ink and swirls of chain stitches on areas where I'll be adding the accents.
Here, I made fanfold flowers using strips of origami papers because it is easier to fold. But any paper will do as long as you can manage it. I inked each flower after drying the adhesive.
Then, I added the details - flowers, buttons and assorted embellishments
I used foam stamps for the butterflies and black ink. Then I finished each with glittered glue.
I also made a quick card for someone special using the excess materials from the layout.
TCR Palette #54
Thanks for viewing, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment