Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TCR#53: Kalesa

Here is my take on the given palette. Here we are riding a “Kalesa”, a horse drawn calash used in the Philippines. I diluted watercolor shimmers with ample amount of water in a small bottle of mister. The result is a glimmer mist effect or Perfect Pearls mixed with water. Cheaper than glimmer mist. I misted the background with watercolor shimmers that matches the colors on the given palette. I used foam stamp for the leaves and watercolor shimmers. Now, I have my background. I made a cut on the lower right portion on the base outlining the leaves wherein I inserted the lower right corner of the photo. Then, I added the details: the green scallop-edged paper trim, the hand stitched borders, the traced/cut foliage-like design from a patterned paper, the flowers and other design elements.

The title and the journal writing came last. TCR Palette #53

No comments:

Post a Comment