Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TCR#58: Just Us

Whew! Such a busy week! We had a little family reunion. Our relatives outside the country went home for a visit. We had a great time together!
So, for this week, in The Color Room, we are now on the 58th Palette. I really love the colors, but it took me a while to go over my stash before I got the supplies I needed that matches, or at least near with given color palette.
Here is my entry. It's another layout for our pre-nuptial album. The photo was captured while we were sitting on a bench at the seaside park of Manila Bay. I really adore this because it's as if nobody's around but only the two of us.
To create the background, I cut a strip of patterned paper and adhere it on the light yellow paper base. Then, I brushed a little gesso over one side of the patterned paper. The green and yellow flower accent is a collage of thin paper strips and beads.
I have to make the light blue flower using organza ribbon and beads. The rest of the flowers and accents are ready-made.
I was looking for a birdcage stamp I needed for this layout but couldn't find one. So I decided to doodle it using pencil and glittered fabric paint. The birds were made using Slice machine and Slice DC Big Kidz. I mounted each on layers of paper and chipboard, then cut each using a craft knife. Finally, I dressed each with inks, chalks and glittered fabric paint. The tree bark is a chipboard I shaped and painted with acrylic paint and accented with glittered fabric paint.
TCR Palette #58
Thank you so much for viewing! Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment