Saturday, July 27, 2013

Crafts and Dolls: Boho-chic Style Top and Pants for a Blythe doll

This time I sew a top and a pants using Blythe doll as my measurement reference.  I referred the pants pattern from the one shared at www.puchicollective.com but I have to re-draw and measure it since I don't have a printer.  I like the pattern since it's perfect for the style concept I'm trying to achieve.
Here is Abbey (ABE custom) wearing the outfit.  The top is like a wrap and the pants is flare. Everything is hand-stitched.
 I'm enjoying hand embroidery.  It's a little time consuming but it's nice because it makes the accent unique.
I remembered having and wearing a pair of pants like this, with embroidery and bead works.  Also, this reminded me of "Jazz up your Levi's" during the 90's.  So you might have an idea how old I am right now... :)
Then to complete the look, I crocheted a headband using a psychedelic colored yarn matching the color scheme of the top.
Thanks for viewing and have a beautiful weekend!

3 comments: