Friday, July 12, 2013

Handmade Card: Summer Fun with You

I made this card with few craft tools and simple techniques to maximize the use of pattern papers.
Summer Fun with You
This card is for my husband who'll be coming home soon...
I measured and draw my paper pieces then cut them using a pair of scissors and a basic hand-held cutter.  The flower and flourish were graphics I also cut from patterned paper.  I inked the edges of each pieces using markers for depth.  Good thing I brought a few rubber stamps with me, especially those given to me and my favorites I've collected,  I was able to use it on this card.  Sorry, I forgot the name of the stamp set.  I colored the hand-stamped image with markers and cut the excess paper leaving a few border around the image.
Here is the card with the layers of papers glued on it.  Since I don't have a foam tape, I made use of a packaging stiffener similar with a carton box material and cut it into small squares to mount the graphics with glue on my card (recycling)...
...this gave the layout depth and volume.  I made the flower using layers of hand-cut papers similar to what we did when we were young by folding circles into pies and cutting the edges/corners to make either snowflakes or flowers.  Then to form it, I used the same technique I learned when I made my layout for The Color Room.  Finally, I added the buttons, yarn string and ribbon.
The wordings were part of the design.
I draw the sun and made doodles of letters for the wordings.  The boat is also part of the rubber stamp set.
Materials:  Patterned papers from Authentique Paper, My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" and "Miss Caroline", Rubber stamps, Inkadinkado double-tip stamp ink, Zig Writer pen, Letraset AquaMarker, Marvy Brush marker, adhesive, packaging stiffener/carton, assorted buttons, trimmings and basic craft tools.

Thank and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment