Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Home and Craft: Welcome Home!

Hi There!  It's been a while since I wrote something here.  My family have been very busy moving in to a new country and settling in.  It's not very easy to start a life especially in a place that everything is new for the family.  We were able to bring some of our stuffs but most of it, we left at home and some given away to relatives and friends.  As for my crafting supplies, I only brought some like my crochet hooks, craft scissors, a few of my favorite rubber stamps and 6"x6" patterned paper pads - basically, small supplies that can fit in a shared travel box allotted for the family.

After 6 months we finally have a place which we can call home and as for me, a space where I can continue doing what I love to do - craft.  We were lucky to received used furniture from our relatives and some from people who won't be needing them.  We were able to complete the basic furniture with just paying for the movers to bring every thing in our first home.  For a start, we are renting the basement of a very good family.

Let me share my new work area...

This is my new crafting area.  It is a shared space where we can also entertain friends and family on special occasions.
This is an old buffet hutch where I stored my supplies on the top part and dishes under.
I filled the drawers with my mostly used supplies. 
Mostly, I got my storage boxes from the dollar store similar to my favorite Saizen and Japan Home shops in the Philippines.  Each box is dedicated for a specific item - fabrics, papers, ribbons, doll clothes, doll accessories, yarns and my favorite PC game collection Sims 3 :D
It won't be complete for me without a supply of assorted buttons even with just a few to dig in to.
Aside from the furniture I also got old vases which are very useful storage for my tapes and scissors.

I like to maintain this area as it is and not overwhelm myself again with so many supplies.  Moving has thought me a lot and I appreciate the challenges we are facing right now.  It's hard to start all over again but it will be for the best in time.  Thank you for reading and on my next entry I'll start sharing what I have created in this area.  Meantime, I have to update some of my old blog entries to show photos properly since these were all linked from my previous blog site which recently closed.

Happy Crafting! :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely craft space. Can't wait to see your new projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anupama, thank you so much. I'm excited too :)

    ReplyDelete