Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dolls and Sewing: Red Riding Hood for Blythe doll

I love fairy tales...  I grew up reading and sharing fairy tale stories with my siblings and friends...  I never get tired of it...
With this I thought of making doll clothes inspired by characters from different fairy tales.
My first sewing project is about one of the classics, Little Red Riding Hood.
I thought of Faye (Very Vicky Blythe) to be my model because I find her face innocent just like the character of the story.
Her outfit consists of a crochet hooded cape with fabric flower accent, a dress, an apron and a crochet basket
I crocheted a cape with a pixie hood
I also crocheted a basket and lined it with a gingham fabric...  The food accessories were from my Sylvanian Families, I borrowed for the photo :)
The dress without the apron and hooded cape...  I love mixing patterns, textures and colors.
A closer look at the top of her dress with hand embroidery and beads
Thank you for reading and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment