Saturday, January 7, 2023

Home: a place to enjoy the weekend

 I returned at work this week after my Christmas vacation.  I should be feeling energized and excited but somehow I felt exhausted and uninspired.  Although my mind was focused and kept finishing my tasks on time, I was struggling.  I find it too busy.  I am very organized at work but the loads are too much that still I end up rushing just to get things done.  It is the reality but I am fully aware of how work is very important as it also gives oneself a sense of purpose and meaning.  I know for sure that I need to stop feeling this way and do something about it rather than dwell in the negativity.

I remember seeing a poem displayed in my doctor's office.  It's a poem about not giving up.  I took a photo of it because it's a good reminder and I just love appreciating the little things around me.  The line that drew my attention is "...Rest if you must, but Don't You Quit!..."

Plaque of the poem in my doctor's office

Hmm..."...Rest if you must, but Don't You Quit!..."  maybe a good break would help me reset this feeling.  So instead of planning to head outside and be elsewhere this weekend, I decided to stay home.  Sounds not so much fun, but for some reason it allowed me to enjoy the things I love to do... and end up having real fun.

Getting organized... for me, a clean and organized home is always a good place to feel cozy and relaxed.  My family helped me put away the Christmas decorations and clean our home.  I also cleaned my fish tank.

My betta fish is happy in his clean tank

I cooked! Weekdays are always hectic and usually I come home late not giving me enough time to cook.  I find sharing homecooked meals with the family brings warmth and comfort.  So I got into my apron and get cooking.  I made a pasta dish that reminded me of my childhood back home - A Filipino-style baked macaroni. It is similar on how Mac and Cheese is made, the difference is that a sweet savoury meaty sauce is added.  We enjoyed it.

Filipino-style Baked Macaroni

I took care of my plants.  I find caring for plants meditative and relaxing. Plants makes a home cozier by adding a touch of natural beauty.  Seeing plants thrive offers excitement, hope and inspiration - be it a sprout of new leaf or a plant reblooming...
Here are images of my mini orchid.  A month ago it rebloomed with flower buds and now, all are in full bloom.

All these made me happy just by being at home... I feel relaxed too... The negativity is replaced with positivity that will surely make me feel energized and inspired.

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the weekend as well! 💮

No comments:

Post a Comment